Autodesk will be hosting the first UK & Ireland Connected Local Authorities online event of 2021 on 23 September 2pm – 4pm BST – setting the foundation for an ongoing group that aims to help local authorities in the UK and Ireland to go digital.
Curated by local authorities, for local authorities, and facilitated by Autodesk, the event “Digital Transformation of Assets Through BIM” is a great opportunity to learn, share experiences and best practice for digital transformation in a peer-to-peer setting.
The online event is exclusive to local authority representatives and is being led by a founding member steering committee, composed of a small group of local authorities who advised on the event topics and agenda: Luton Council, Portsmouth City Council, Hammersmith & Fulham Council, Hampshire County Council, and Southampton City Council.
The event will explore how to improve decision-making and performance through digital transformation across the whole building and infrastructure lifecycle – planning, procuring, building, and operating buildings and estates.
It will have the following running order and sessions:
- Welcome: Event opening and introductions, hosted by the chair Mark Hoyle, Autodesk
- Foundations for whole life-cycle digital asset management:
Femi Olaiya, BIM Lead and Architectural Design Manager, Portsmouth City Council
- Digital design and build perspective: John Cantwell, Mark Dolan and Mark West, HCC Property Services, Hampshire County Council
- Leveraging digital to address asset information challenges:
Marek Suchocki and Lewis Watts, Autodesk
- Summary and close: Event closing remarks, hosted by the chair Mark Hoyle, Autodesk