daa operates Dublin and Cork airports in Ireland and has significant overseas businesses through its ARI and daa International subsidiaries in addition to the Dublin Airport Central development at Dublin Airport.
Dublin and Cork airports are the two largest airports in the Republic of Ireland, welcoming a combined 31.9 million passengers in 2017. daa International is an airport management and aviation advisory services business.
The BIM Manager’s role is to understand how BIM will affect project workflows and project management throughout the organisation. The primary responsibility is to manage and coordinate BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement on all related BIM projects, files and models. Perform all essential functions and responsibilities in accordance with daa’s values and beliefs and in alignment with our policies. The BIM Manager will report to CIM / Head of Digital Control & will be appointed on a personal contract basis.
- Responsible for developing and implementing BIM Strategy
- Be the project based BIM point of contact and be responsible for the delivery of BIM & digital objectives on the project during its entire lifecycle from pre-construction, through to handover and operation
- Support the project team with preparing the EIR/IMR, accessing and identifying appropriate digital activities for the project and reviewing pre-contract BEP
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to assure compliance with project requirements, company standards, procedures and industry codes. Working closely with the project delivery team, designers and subcontractors to provide and manage project documentation
- Develop and manage 4D BIM Model with support from project control team
- Hold and chair BIM coordination meetings and record 3D BIM clashes throughout the project, generate and distribute reports, action points and owners
- Work closely with project lead and provide weekly look ahead and progress report’s
- Support H&S + Site Team to review/manage risk associated with site activities
- Support each project team by managing and creating content library files and templates, enforcing standards, and evaluating project models against the BEP, MIDP and MPDT requirements
- Train personnel in the use of BIM Tools, Documentation and awareness to assist in the management and delivery of the project.
- Champion daa values
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience working in a similar role
- Superior in-depth working knowledge of Autodesk AEC Suites and a skilled user of cloud collaboration platform along with ESRI product
- Good working knowledge of Geographical Information System, data storage and records management
- Implementation of best design practice, project delivery, and construction methods
- Development and Implementation of BIM Strategy
- Managing coordination meetings and clash detection reporting using 3D BIM software
- Management of CDE
- Competent in using 4D & 5D BIM software
- Displays good interpersonal and communication skills and acts in an independent and professional manner with the ability to influence others including senior management
Formal Education Qualifications
- Engineering / Architectural or construction qualification to degree level
- Excellent understanding of BIM Certification – BIM Level 2 and the PAS1192 / ISO 19650.